Happy Friday, guess what showed up at my door at last (: New circuit boards! This time, I ordered some boards (all of the boards shown here were $0.50 each!) from PCBWay in China
They arrived in a sturdy cardboard box, with a generous amount of Bubblewrap around it – compared to some of the other chinese PCB houses that ship boards directly in a DHL/Fedex bag, this is a nice upgrade
Speaking of shipping, I paid for Fedex Express (cheaper option) but as Fedex suspended the cheaper options due to the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic, PCBWay bumped up the shipping to Fedex Priority! And they did that, out of there pockets! You don’t see that happening a lot! I am impressed!
Each of the set of boards came nicely shrink wrapped with more bubble wrap, no damage to any of the boards in shipping. I did order a couple really tiny PCBs (8x16mm) that of course couldn’t be shrunkwrapped, but they were still nicely packed in ziplock baggies.
Lets take a look at the PCBWay boards quality: (Gallery below)
Looks good to me, their silkscreen printer seems to get the fine details printed nice and clear
The screenprinting of my (new) logo really came out great too:
And lastly, none of the other PCB houses I wanted to order from, was willing to make the little Belt Bracket PCBs: It’s only 8x22mm! PCBWay did it without any complaints (: – milled out all round as well. Nice!
Overall, quite impressed with PCBWay! I did have a lot of back and forth emailing with Gloria in their marketing department due to the shipping issues (and they sponsored this batch of boards for me, so we talked a lot about the boards I can order under the terms of that) – even without the sponsorship though, they honestly can’t be beat:
- 5/10pcbs (<100x100mm) no bullsh*t! – some other PCB houses do $2/10 for the first 10, and then $10-25 thereafter. PCBway kept the $5 price for every line item (: – nice to see the honesty in that
- Shipping was amazing (free upgrade to serve the customer in a term of trouble)
- Great communications, actually talks and understands English which is a big plus.
- Website: Ordering is a breeze, and they review the boards on the fly while you are adding to the cart. Nice, can pay the same time. Some other PCB houses review manually and you end up having to check the order the next day, and if its approved, only then can you pay
- Boards looks great, no problems at all. Followed the Gerbers straight out of Eagle, even with strange cutouts, and crazy small little boards. Well done to their technical team for interpreting the gerbers that well.
Long story short, they got a customer for life out of me (: