I have never been a good blogger. For me, firing up the PC, logging into wordpress and banging out a post is a LOT more work that just quickly posting on one of the social networks.
That said, 2015 was still a pretty good year statistically:
- 62451 views from 22482 visitors
- almost 1/6th coming from the USA (with my own country coming in at 4th place – shame on you! lol)
- I had one of my projects featured on Hackaday.com and that referred me a whopping 5164 visits
- The OpenHAB projects, being in tutorial format, seems to have brought in the largest readership! Lets see in 2016 where I expect most of my posts will be about lasers, CNCs and OpenBuilds!
Open source hardware: Why not Open Stats too: Here’s my WordPress stats:
On Google Plus I think I did marginally better:
- Almost doubled my number of followers
- Became Moderator for the following Google Plus Communities:
- OpenBuilds: with 795 Members at the time of writing
- 3D Printing: with 227,220 Members at the time of writing
- Clocked in over 2.5 Million views on my Google Plus profile! Quite proud of that..
Pretty much gave up on Facebook this year, I did gain around 100 followers during 2015 (now at 846 total) but I nowadays rarely post on there… I just find my other audiences more engaging to work with
Only 33 followers – but worth checking out – thats where ALL the open source work I do, ends up! Tonnes of gold in those – from PCBs to a complete open source CNCs (folded metal design), 3D Printers, etc live. You guys could be selling those and then sending me some beer!