An old buddy of mine asked me on Sunday which reprap I recommend these days… Always a dangerous discussion to head down right?
Well, I won’t bore you with too much of the detail, but those who has been following me for a long time know’s I have access to a large metal laser cutting/bending factory (see videos here, here and here)
So seeing as I have these at my disposal, I figured, then the P3Steel should be the best Reprap for me to recommend right? (;
Soon ending up with this:
- Removed the truss like cutouts – adds a lot of cost to laser time, and I am not shipping these (only cutting two for Isak) – so weight is not an issue
- Added the Metal Xends and X Carriage from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:157303
- Added the press-fit M3 nuts from (can’t find source link now 😦 – will post later) on the the Y carriage for bed mounting
- Added dual mount holes for steppers for Bowden and Added a Dual hotend X carriage plate that I drew up
- Added Spool holder from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:463371
DXF is is on https://github.com/openhardwarecoza/P3Steel-ZA
Will post pics once the cut parts gets back from the factory!